Percentage allocation of zone impressions

rick

18 Nov, 2013 06:24 PM

I am new to AdvertServe and am in the process of configuring two leaderboard zones for my website. In a beta test that I'm currently running, I see that if I assign two campaigns to a single zone, they each get 50% allocation. Is there a way to assign arbitrary percentages to each campaign, for example 80% for one and 20% for another?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Mike Cherichett... on 18 Nov, 2013 08:12 PM

Hi Rick,

Yes, it's possible to adjust the allocation of impressions for each campaign.

What you want to do is edit the zone and then click on the Edit Campaigns link in the upper right corner. At the bottom of the page you'll see an Adjust Assignments section that lists each of the campaigns that are assigned to the zone. There is a Priority column with a drop down from 1-100 that you can use to adjust the allocation for each campaign. Setting the campaigns to have priorities of 80 and 20 would give you the desired 80% to 20% split.

I wrote a nice article about how this works a while back that you may want to read for a little more in-depth explanation of how it works: http://www.advertserve.com/blog/2011/08/using-chains-priority/

Thanks,
    Mike

2. 2 Posted by rick on 18 Nov, 2013 08:26 PM

hi Mike,

Thanks for the fast response! Coincidentally, I just discovered and was reviewing this page in your online manual:

http://www.advertserve.com/docs/latest/html/manual/bestpractices.html#chains_priority

...and saw that it answered my question. But I'll also read your in-depth article to get more insight.

FYI, I publish LinuxGizmos.com, a news website devoted to the use of embedded and mobile versions of linux (including android etc.) in devices, equipment, and other applications.

I may have a couple of followup questions as I proceed. Can I email direct to you, or should I post the questions as I did with the one you just answered?

best,
    Rick

On 11/18/2013 12:12 PM, Mike Cherichetti wrote:
    pre { width: 92%; margin: 10px 2%; padding: 5px 2%; background: #efefef; border: 1px solid #d6d6d6 } blockquote { margin-left: 0; padding-left: 1em; border-left: 5px solid #ccc; }

// Please reply above this line
    ==================================================

Hi Rick,

What you want to do is edit the zone and then click on the Edit Campaigns link in the upper right corner. At the bottom of the page you'll see an Adjust Assignments section that lists each of the campaigns that are assigned to the zone. There is a Priority column with a drop down from 1-100 that you can use to adjust the allocation for each campaign. Setting the campaigns to have priorities of 80 and 20 would give you the desired 80% to 20% split.

I wrote a nice article about how this works a while back that you may want to read for a little more in-depth explanation of how it works: http://www.advertserve.com/blog/2011/08/using-chains-priority/

Thanks,
    Mike

On Mon, Nov 18 at 06:24 PM, rick wrote:

I am new to AdvertServe and am in the process of configuring two leaderboard zones for my website. In a beta test that I'm currently running, I see that if I assign two campaigns to a single zone, they each get 50% allocation. Is there a way to assign arbitrary percentages to each campaign, for example 80% for one and 20% for another?

Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: Percentage allocation of zone impressions.

To unsubscribe and stop receiving emails from http://support.renegadeinternet.com, visit this page

-- 

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Mike Cherichett... on 18 Nov, 2013 08:51 PM

Hi Rick,

You're welcome. It's not required to post questions on our forum. You can e-mail us directly at [email blocked]. Doesn't matter to us as either way it generates a support ticket on our end.

Thanks,
    Mike

4. 4 Posted by rick on 18 Nov, 2013 09:54 PM

hi again, Mike,

I've successfully created a zone containing two advertisers' ads and a google adsense html unit, setting them to 20, 20, and 60 priority, and it seems to be working quite well. I made a guess as to how to implement the adsense tag, and it seems to be working perfectly.

I'd like to clarify one aspect of your pricing model. With regard to impressions as listed in the price list, soes that refer to the number of individual ad impressions? So, if my site's template delivers 10 ads per page and the site has 100,000 pageviews in a month, that translates to 1 million ad impressions relative to your pricing?

Thanks again for your support!

-Rick

On 11/18/2013 12:51 PM, Mike Cherichetti wrote:
    pre { width: 92%; margin: 10px 2%; padding: 5px 2%; background: #efefef; border: 1px solid #d6d6d6 } blockquote { margin-left: 0; padding-left: 1em; border-left: 5px solid #ccc; }

Hi Rick,

You're welcome. It's not required to post questions on our forum. You can e-mail us directly at [email blocked]. Doesn't matter to us as either way it generates a support ticket on our end.

Thanks,
    Mike

On Mon, Nov 18 at 08:26 PM, rick wrote:

hi Mike,

Thanks for the fast response! Coincidentally, I just discovered and was reviewing this page in your online manual:

http://www.advertserve.com/docs/latest/html/manual/bestpractices.html#chains_priority

...and saw that it answered my question. But I'll also read your in-depth article to get more insight.

FYI, I publish LinuxGizmos.com, a news website devoted to the use of embedded and mobile versions of linux (including android etc.) in devices, equipment, and other applications.

I may have a couple of followup questions as I proceed. Can I email direct to you, or should I post the questions as I did with the one you just answered?

best,
    Rick

On 11/18/2013 12:12 PM, Mike Cherichetti wrote:

Hi Rick,

Thanks,
    Mike

On Mon, Nov 18 at 06:24 PM, rick wrote:

Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: Percentage allocation of zone impressions.

To unsubscribe and stop receiving emails from http://support.renegadeinternet.com, visit this page

--

-- 

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Mike Cherichett... on 19 Nov, 2013 03:54 AM

Hi Rick,

Nice work. I took a quick look at your setup and also at the AdSense tag and it's all set up correctly.

Your understanding of how our billing works is correct. If you had 10 ads per page and 100,000 page views in a month that would yield 1 million ad impressions. We would bill you $39 for the month as a result. That's because our startup plan includes 1,950,000 impressions per month and the $0.02 CPM rate doesn't kick in until you exceed that. If, for example, you served 10 million impressions we'd bill you $200 based on the $0.02 CPM rate.

Thanks,
    Mike

6. Mike Cherichetti closed this discussion on 22 Nov, 2013 04:46 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

31 Mar, 2021 03:15 PM
03 Aug, 2020 08:33 PM
22 Jun, 2020 06:51 PM