Adding Fields to Zone Listing

Jo Swearingen

17 Sep, 2014 05:16 PM

We administer all of our campaigns in-house. It would be of GREAT use if the "Zone Listing" page included a column that showed "Number of Active Campaigns". Attached is a mockup for your consideration. We'd use this DAILY to be sure we have enough zones, and that one zone isn't overloaded while another is empty.

Is there any way new columns can be added to the screens?

1. 1 Posted by Jo Swearingen on 17 Sep, 2014 05:27 PM

Advertisers screen should default to Advertisers-->Listing instead of plopping users at their profiles. Once you've set up your user, you don't need it again.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Mike Cherichett... on 17 Sep, 2014 05:54 PM

Hi Jo,

Yes, I can see the usefulness of showing how many active/inactive campaigns there are in the zone listing. Although I am not sure a simple active/inactive filter is the way to go. A zone may have a bunch of campaigns that don't start until next month, so that would make it appear to have a higher fill than it does at the present time since those campaigns are technically active even though they haven't started yet.

I think it would be better if we did something similar to the campaign snapshot. You can see that if you go to Campaigns > Snapshot it has a date range column that defaults to the current month. It is possible to filter the list of campaigns by zone too, which is one way you can currently see what you're looking for but you can only see one zone at a time.

My thinking is that if we add a date range column to the zone listing header, it could show a count of both active and inactive campaigns (i.e. 10 active, 3 inactive) for each campaign?

As for changing how the Accounts icon in the toolbar works, I like that idea a lot. You are completely right that you rarely need to change your own account once it is set up. We can certainly change it so it dumps you into the advertiser listing. Maybe we will even add a separate My Account icon to the toolbar as well.

Thanks,
    Mike

3. 3 Posted by Jo Swearingen on 17 Sep, 2014 07:32 PM

We don't add campaigns until they're live. We need only active
    campaigns. Date ranges might be overkill for our purposes.

Campaign snapshot is of no apparent value to me.

I need a screen/list/report that shows how many active campaigns each
    zone has, that I can filter by group and by size. Then I can move
    campaigns from zone to zone as needed.
    This is to 'load balance' (avoid empty and overloaded zones.)

Archiving old media/campaigns is going to be an issue soon. I'd like to
    see more instructions on how to properly use the "Recycle bin".

Thanks,

Jo

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Mike Cherichett... on 17 Sep, 2014 11:13 PM

Ok, thanks for the feedback. I think to be more generally useful we would prefer to use a date range to more accurately show which campaigns are inactive. Many users do schedule campaigns sometimes as far as 12 months in advance.

There is not much to know regarding using the recycle bin. All you have to do is delete something (campaign, media, etc...) and it goes into the recycle bin. It stays there forever until you further delete it from the recycle bin or empty the entire recycle bin. While items remain in the recycle bin they will still show up in the reporting, so it's a good way to archive things.

5. Mike Cherichetti closed this discussion on 22 Sep, 2014 12:51 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

07 Feb, 2020 05:39 PM
10 Dec, 2019 05:28 PM
09 Sep, 2019 02:07 PM